Writing Champions: Graceful Editing and Proofreading with Geeky Good Grammar
We spend a lot of time thinking and talking about authors, but we spend very little time considering the champions of the writing process — editors and proofreaders. In this fun, interactive workshop, we’ll take a look at the basics of editing and proofreading and how to undertake that process with a little (or a lot) of grace.
And, as your in-house Writing Champion, it’s time to get your grammar geek on! Since it’s impossible to fit an entire grammar course into 90 minutes, our solution is to review the top 12 repeated grammar mistakes that pop up in our proposals. We’ll address those 12 errors, introduce the basics of The Associated Press (AP) Stylebook, and talk about how to catch those sneaky errors when we proofread.
In this workshop, we’ll ask and answer the following questions:
· What are the Six C’s of good editing?
· How can I “gracefully” edit my colleagues’ work?
· What are style guides; why do they matter?
· What are the top 12 repeated grammar mistakes that pop up in our proposals?
· What are some tips, techniques and tactics for better proofreading?
$35.00 CPSM Ticket
$65.00 Non-Member/Guest Ticket
$70.00 Walk-in Attendee - Non-Member/Guest Onsite Registration